THOUGHTS OF FEMOLAD: THIS IS OUR JERUSALEM

 

THIS IS OUR JERUSALEM.

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: "May those who love you be secure. May there be peace within your walls and security within your citadels." For the sake of my brothers and friends, I will say, "Peace be within you." For the sake of the house of the LORD our God, I will seek your prosperity.  Psalm 122 Vs 6-


It piques me when I listen to people, especially ones that are supposed to know, wishing a government doesn't do well because the party they support is not the one at the helm of affairs.

Whatever the level of performance of the government, no matter how superlative, superfluous or abysmal, WE THE PEOPLE are the ones who feel the impact.

 

 Poverty, poor state of infrastructure and services are not partisan.

Inflation and economic downturn don't differentiate between PDP, APC, NNPP or ZLP supporters.

Market forces are perpetually impartial.

 

Vibrant Opposition and criticism are tonics for good governance.

However, Rivalries and politicking should end at the polls.

 Governance affects all and sundry.

 

Whatever the pros and cons of the previous and present governments, irrespective of the way you see it, it tells tales on us all.

 

I read people in the corridors of power make reference to those who are not as if they own the land. No. This is our Jerusalem. She belongs to us all.

 

If we close our eyes to the wrongs in the land or we turn the other way because "it is their government", we err.

 

If we wait for things to go wrong so we can mock the person up there, we mock ourselves. Yes. Because This is our Jerusalem.

That your neighbor sees a wrong and says it doesn't make him a foe. He's equally a stakeholder in this our Jerusalem.

 

We all must be involved.

I will not shy away.

I will not keep quiet when I see wrong.

So will I applaud if I see right.

I do not wish her evil.

I have no other place to go.

 

This is OUR OWN JERUSALEM and we must always seek her well being.

 


Femi Ladapo (Femolad) writes from Ibadan Nigeria

Comments